I have to admit, I am very lazy when it comes to eating fruits. So often I have given them away. Last week I saw beautiful raw papayas in the supermarket. I bought a small one thinking that I will have enough time to mull over eating it by the time it ripens. But when Sikander got home and he saw the raw papaya, he said “lets make raw papaya salad”. But it was not to happen that day. Yesterday we went for a friend’s daughter birthday party and I saw a huge mango tree right there in her backyard loaded with raw mangoes. I just climbed her boundary and plucked some for me!
So last night my husband treated me toa beautiful medley of flavours in a bowl – the raw papaya-mango salad.
Raw Papaya Salad
Preparation Time:Serves:2 as main; 4 as side
1 smallgreen (raw) papaya
1 smallraw mango
1/2 cup roastedpeanuts
1/2 cup freshcoriander
for the dressing:
3 tbspssoy sauce
2 tbsp runnyhoney
2 tbsp extra virginolive oil
4 tbsplemon juice
- Peel and julienne raw papaya and raw mango
- Remove the seeds of the tomato and cut into thin strips
- In a large mixing bowl, add julienned papaya, mango and tomato. Toss together
- 在一个杯子,混合所有衣服的成分ssing. Taste to adjust seasoning, adding more honey or chilli or lemon juice. Pour over the veggies and toss well to combine.
- Sprinkle over roasted peanuts and chopped fresh coriander.
- Serve cold and enjoy the flavours!